Barak to Meet Mubarak before US Summit
Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Barak is to meet with Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak before flying to the US summit, reported the Jerusalem Post, quoting Israel radio.
Sources in Jerusalem, quoted by the radio, said Egypt is concerned about losing its hegemony in the Arab world if a peace agreement is reached between Israel and the Palestinians.
Meanwhile, the paper said that the director-general of the president's bureau, Arye Shumer, is due to leave Thursday for Cairo to discuss the fate of Azzam Azzam, an Israeli, who has been held in Egypt for the past two years on charges of spying, said the paper - Albawaba.com
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Barak Leaves for Egypt to Brief Mubarak on Peace Summit
- Barak to Meet Mubarak, Jordan's King before Summit
- Diplomacy Intensifies Hours before Barak’s Ultimatum Expires
- Marwan Bargouthi: Sharm el-Sheikh Summit will Fail, Intifada to Escalate before Arab Summit
- Barak-Arafat Meeting before Israeli Elections still Possible