Lebanese authorities arrest suspect involved in Iranian embassy bomb attack
An Iranian diplomat was killed during the November bombing in Beirut (File Archive/AFP)
Click here to add al-Qaeda as an alert
Disable alert for al-Qaeda,
Click here to add Iranian embassy in Beirut as an alert
Disable alert for Iranian embassy in Beirut,
Click here to add Lebanese army as an alert
Disable alert for Lebanese army,
Click here to add Majid Al Majid as an alert
Disable alert for Majid Al Majid
General Security has arrested a Palestinian man suspected of involvement in last November's attack on the Iranian Embassy in Beirut, a security source told The Daily Star Tuesday.
General Security handed the man, identified as Y.M., to the military prosecutor’s office after an investigation revealed he had played a role in the twin suicide attack on the embassy, the source said.
The Nov. 19 twin attacks against the Iranian Embassy killed 30 people, including an Iranian diplomat. The Al Qaeda-linked Abdullah Azzam Brigades claimed responsibility for the deadly blasts.
The Lebanese Army last month apprehended the head of the group, Majid Al Majid, who later died of natural causes at the military hospital.
- Lebanese army arrests Nusra Front leader
- Lebanese Police Nab Palestinian for Alleged Role in Russian Embassy Attack
- Iran urges Lebanon to investigate Saudi man linked to Iranian embassy bomb in Beirut
- Lebanese authorities arrest Palestinian man for participating in 2013 Sidon clashes
- Lebanese authorities arrest three terror cells involved in recent bombings