Benslimane re-elected as President of Moroccan National Olympic Committee
At the time of CNOM’s (Moroccan National Olympic Committee) ordinary meeting which took place on September 24, Hosni Benslimane was re-elected as the President of CNOM “to continue the work that he started”. Le Matin reports that 21 sports organizations were present at the ordinary meeting of CNOM, which was founded in 1959 to ensure Morocco’s participation in the Olympic Games and in the regional games authorized by the International Olympic Committee. During the meeting, Hosni Benslimane said that CNOM organized 41 training courses to prepare 1,077 Moroccan trainers for 2006 Athens Olympic Games.
- Palestinian Olympic Committee Protests Jewish Monument in Sydney Olympics
- Moroccan first Arab women to become head of Olympic Candidate Evaluation Commission
- IOC announces the Young Reporters for the Youth Olympic Games
- Volkswagen sponsors the 2008 Olympic Games
- Iraqi athletes banned from Beijing 2008 Olympic Games