Bicycle bomb kills three in Syria
The aftermath of the Qamishli bombing. (Twitter)
Click here to add Al-Nusra Front as an alert
Disable alert for Al-Nusra Front,
Click here to add Daesh Front as an alert
Disable alert for Daesh Front,
Click here to add Hasaka as an alert
Disable alert for Hasaka,
Click here to add Hazem SabbaghEditor as an alert
Disable alert for Hazem SabbaghEditor,
Click here to add Police Command as an alert
Disable alert for Police Command,
Click here to add Qamishli Hospital as an alert
Disable alert for Qamishli Hospital
Three civilians were killed and nine others were injured in a bombing in al-Wasati neighborhood in Qamishli city, Hasaka province.
A source at the Police Command told SANA’s correspondent that militants detonated an explosive device placed on a bicycle parked near a shop in Miami Street in the city, claiming the lives of two civilians and injuring ten others who were rushed to Qamishli Hospital, in addition to causing material damage to properties.
Later, the source said that one of wounded civilians succumbed to his wounds while receiving treatment, raising the death toll to three.
While no organization has claimed the attack, both Daesh and al-Nusra Front have conducted multiple bombings in the region.
Editor's note: This article has been edited from the source material
- Suicide bombing kills Afghan commander fighting Taliban
- At least three die in Iraq attacks
- Three Iraqi policemen shot dead by US troops near Kirkuk, Two members of Saddam regime attacked in Najaf
- This is still Lebanon: Beirut's blast was another political assassination for a country far from 'free'
- Daesh commander succumbs to wounds in Lebanon