Bin Laden deputy vows more London attacks, US victims in Iraq
A new videotape showing al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden's deputy, Dr. Ayman al Zawahiri was aired Thursday, threatening London with more attacks. The video was broadcast by the Qatar-based al Jazeera satellite channel. He said the attacks would take place because of Tony Blair's foreign policy.
"Blair has brought to you destruction in central London, and he will bring more of that, God willing."
Al-Zawahri also threatened the United States with tens of thousands of military dead if it does not withdraw its troops from Iraq immediately. "As for you, the Americans, what you have seen in New York and Washington, what losses that you see in Afghanistan and Iraq, despite the media blackout, is merely the losses of the initial clashes," he stated.
Speaking to Americans, he said, "The truth that has been kept from you by (President) Bush, (Secretary of State Condoleezza) Rice and (Defense Secretary Donald H.) Rumsfeld is that there is no way out of Iraq without immediate withdrawal, and any delay on this means only more dead, more losses."
- Bin Laden deputy vows to target Americans ''everywhere''
- Al-Qaeda-linked group vows more attacks in London
- Bin Laden deputy calls to attack interests of US and allies
- Report: Bin Laden Names His Successor; Interpol: Bin Laden - Hit Man of German Secret Service Couple
- Iraqi President Promises More Losses for Washington, London