Blair wants to convene Mideast peace conference in London
British Prime Minister Tony Blair intends to bring Israelis and Palestinians together for a Middle East peace conference, the chairman of the ruling Labor Party said Thursday.
The chairman, John Reid, did not confirm reports that peace talks would be convened in London before Christmas.
"We are looking at plans now to have a conference," he told reporters. "The prime minister would like to bring the various sides together," Reid said, according to Reuters. "How and when that might be done is a matter for discussion." (Albawaba.com)
- Report: Blair urges Bush to convene Mideast peace conference before attacking Iraq
- Blair sets date for Palestinian conference in London
- British PM, Arafat Launch New Mideast Peace Bid; Peres to Head for Washington
- Jordan King, British Premier discuss Middle East situation
- Sharon slams Arafat, rejects Blair request to let Palestinians attend conference