Blast in Iran Bakery Kills Two, Injures Three
Two people, including a four-year-old girl, were killed and three more injured by a blast in a bakery in the northwestern Iranian town of Urumieh, the official agency IRNA said Monday.
The explosion of the bakery's steam boiler caused considerable damage in the shop and the nearby buildings, reaching havoc in the neighborhood, IRNA added.
A client and a four-year-old girl were killed by the explosion and three others, including the girl's 17-year-old brother, were hurt.
One of the three injured is in serious condition, IRNA said, adding that experts reckoned the boiler did not meet security standards -- TEHRAN (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- At least 20 die in Aleppo bakery blast as Iran expect national dialogue
- Three Turkish soldiers killed in land mine blast
- 530 people killed and injured in Iran train blast
- Three blasts in Baghdad; US blames Iran for market bombing
- Bombs kill two US soldiers, two children as three bodyguards of Kurdish security official killed in ambush