Blast near hotel in Baghdad kills security guard
A blast Thursday outside a hotel where NBC has its Baghdad offices, killed a security guard, and injured a network soundman, Iraqi police said. The bomb was placed near the outside wall of the small al-Aike Hotel, which is located in south-central Baghdad, police added.
According to The AP, Lt. Col. Salman Kareem said the bomb killed a Somali guard in his sleep.
A dozen NBC staffers were inside the building when the explosion took place, and a Canadian soundman, David Moodie, was slightly injured by flying glass.
The television network has four security guards, two from a British firm and two Iraqis hired for night duty. (Albawaba.com)
- Blast In Baghdad Kills Two, Injures Several Others
- More than 20 Iraqis, US soldier killed in blasts, clash
- US copter crashed as four Iraqis killed in Basra blast
- Eight U.S. Marines dead as Baghdad car blast kills at least seven
- Night attack on Baghdad hotel after at least five Iraqis, three US troops killed