Blast near hotel in Baghdad kills security guard
A blast Thursday outside a hotel where NBC has its Baghdad offices, killed a security guard, and injured a network soundman, Iraqi police said. The bomb was placed near the outside wall of the small al-Aike Hotel, which is located in south-central Baghdad, police added.
According to The AP, Lt. Col. Salman Kareem said the bomb killed a Somali guard in his sleep.
A dozen NBC staffers were inside the building when the explosion took place, and a Canadian soundman, David Moodie, was slightly injured by flying glass.
The television network has four security guards, two from a British firm and two Iraqis hired for night duty. (Albawaba.com)
- Baghdad regional governor, guards killed as car blast leaves at least 10 dead
- At least 13 dead in Iraq attacks
- Tehran: Small blast near British Airways office
- Iraq: At least nine die in blasts as death toll from Baghdad police station explosion mounts to 39
- Night attack on Baghdad hotel after at least five Iraqis, three US troops killed