Blast north of Baghdad kills Iraqi policeman, wounds others
An Iraqi policeman was killed and seven people were wounded when a bomb detonated in the town of Baquba, north of Baghdad, police said.
"Police officer Ammar Mahdi was killed in the blast and five policemen as well as two civilians were also wounded," police officer Mohammad Karim told AFP. The explosion took place in Al-Saray neighbourhood shortly before 2:00 pm (1100 GMT) Thursday.
Two police vehicles parked in front of a restaurant were set on fire, along with neighbouring shops, AFP report added. (Albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- String of attacks across Iraq kill nine, American soldier wounded
- Several US troops wounded in car explosion north of Baghdad as four Iraqis killed in shooting attacks
- At least 29 Iraqi policemen die in blasts
- Six Iraqis, including four policemen, killed in additional attacks, clashes
- At least 18 people killed in twin car bombing attacks north of Baghdad