Blasts rock large weapons depot in Egypt
Egyptian security officials confirmed a huge blast has rocked a large weapons depot at a military base northeast of Cairo. According to the AP, the explosion wounded a number of people. The blast took place at on Sunday night. The first explosion was followed by a series of other blasts, according to media reports.
Egyptian sources stressed that the blast was a result of an accident and not a terror attack.
The army base is located in Abu Sultan town in Ismailia governorate, which is about 120km northeast of Cairo. According to press reports, the Egyptian army closed off the area near the blast.
- Series of bombings against Israeli tourists in Sinai: At least 30 dead
- Southern Lebanon: Explosion in Hizbullah weapons depot
- Three Israeli soldiers wounded in military base explosion
- Panic in Cairo following blasts caused by joint Saudi – Egyptian military exercises
- Small blast reported near Cairo church