Blix continues to slam justification for war on Iraq
Former chief UN weapons inspector Hans Blix said on Thursday the US-led war against Iraq was not justified, and that the United States and UK had exaggerated data from their intelligence services.
"No, I don't think so," Blix told BBC radio when asked if the March 20 invasion that led to the ouster of Saddam Hussein's regime was justified.
Moreover, asked if Washington and London had talked up the case for war, Blix replied, "They over-interpreted." (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Blix says he is not getting enough intelligence from U.S., U.K.
- Blix: Better chances exist now in Iraq to find out the truth on weapons programs
- Blix lashes out at Pentagon “bastards”, says Washington views UN as “alien power”
- Blix suspects US bugged office and home before Iraq war
- Blix: US tried to discredit UN inspectors before the war