Bloody day in Mosul as gunmen open fire on crowd
Three Iraqis were killed in the town of Mosul on Sunday and three others wounded when gunmen opened fire on a crowd of people. Local police added that two other men were killed in others incidents in the city.
Also on Sunday, nine bodies with gunshot wounds were brought to a local morgue in the city, according to Reuters. Security forces also reported that three workers were killed and one wounded on Saturday following a mortar attack in a residential district of Mosul.
Meanwhile in Baghdad, a roadside bomb which was detonated in the al-Tayaran Square in the city's center killed one person and wounded six others.
Another roadside bomb exploded in Kirkuk, north of Baghdad, close to member of the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan. Police forces said that the man survived the attack.
Also in Kirkuk, police reported that they had found the body of a man shot in the head.
© 2007 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Bloody day in Iraq: Over 100 killed in two explosions south of Baghdad as US soldier shot dead
- Bloody day in Iraq: Over 100, including three US troops, killed in multiple attacks as al Zarqawi vows more
- Bloody Day of Rage in Iraq
- Gunmen kill two Iraqi soldiers in apparent revenge for killing of protesters
- Gunmen fire shots close to Japanese embassy in Iraq