Bomb Disarmed in Tel Aviv, Criminal Attack Suspected
Israeli police on Sunday disarmed a bomb placed underneath a parked car in central Tel Aviv, in an apparent criminal action unrelated to the violence in the Palestinian territories, a radio report said.
The car belongs to someone known to police, it said.
Last month, six people were injured at Ramat Gan, near Tel Aviv, by a bomb suspected of being linked to a feud among criminal gangs.
The explosion was apparently aimed at underworld chief Nissim Halperin, whose brother Yaacov was also recently the target of an attack -- JERSUSALEM (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Three Israelis injured in Tel Aviv car bomb blast, criminal motive suspected
- Suspected Tel Aviv bus bomber faces charges in court
- Tel Aviv bus bombing suspect is arrested
- Fatah, Hamas behind suicide bombing attack in Tel Aviv; At least three killed
- Tel Aviv car bombing, no sign of Palestinian involvement