Bomb Explodes in Amusement Center in South Lebanon Palestinian Refugee Camp
A bomb blast ripped through an amusement center in a Palestinian refugee camp on the outskirts of Lebanon's southern port city of Sidon on Monday, police said.
There were no casualties, as the center in the Ain Al Helweh refugee camp was closed at the time, they said.
The amusement center and three other nearby shops were damaged, they said.
Similar explosions targeted amusement centers in Ain Al Helweh in July, also without inflicting casualties.
Amusement centers and stores selling alcoholic drinks and others accused of renting pornographic videotapes have been repeatedly hit by similar attacks in the Sidon area, where a number of Islamic extremist groups are based -- SIDON, Lebanon (AFP)
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- In Lebanon: Bomb explodes in Palestinian refugee camp
- Blast Destroys Store Selling Liquor in South Lebanon
- Violence spreads to Lebanon's south after multiple men charged for northern Tripoli clashes
- Bomb explodes in Lebanese Palestinian refugee camp
- Ammunition Explosion Rocks Palestinian Refugee Camp in South Lebanon