Jihadi John’s identity revealed
Jihadi John executing US journalist Steven Sotloff. (Image: Youtube)
The British Daesh militant suspected of appearing in videos showing the beheading of US and UK hostages has been named by the BBC as Mohammed Emwazi from west London.
The news comes shortly after the Washington Post published a 1,300 word article on the masked man known as Jihadi John who spoke with a British accent.
By Heather Saul
- Associates of IS executioner 'Jihadi John' to be arrested in UK
- In case you missed it: Jihadi John's father calls his son an "animal and terrorist," disowns him in emotional outburst
- US airstrike targets Jihadi John in Syria
- Jihadi John: A "lovely" school boy turned Daesh militant
- British hostage John Cantile appears in Daesh propaganda video