Kerry says 600 Daesh fighters killed in Syria
US Secretary of State John Kerry. (AFP/File)
U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry announced on Sunday that 600 fighters from the Daesh group were killed over the last three weeks in Syria.
"In Syria, over the last three weeks alone, Daesh has lost 3,000 square kilometers (1,160 square miles) and 600 fighters," Kerry said after negotiations with European allies in Paris.
- Why retire when you can join Daesh? Meet the group's oldest fighter
- US-led airstrikes in Syria kill 1,600 in five months: monitor
- Kurds retake villages in northeastern Syria
- At least 160 Russian Daesh fighters killed in Syria: Moscow
- Daesh executed over 100 fighters for trying to return home, says rights group