Update: Eight wounded in Istanbul car bombing
Istanbul police officers. (AFP/File)
Reuters reports that a vehicle exploded near military facilities in Istanbul.
Anadolu Agency reports that five soliders and three civilians were wounded. One woman remains in critical condition.
The explosion struck a military zone in the Sancaktepe neighborhood of Istanbul.
It is suspected that military forces were the intended target of the attack.
On March 19, another explosion on Istanbul's popular Istiklal Street killed five, including the bomber. Multiple suicide bombings have struck Istanbul in 2016.
No organization has claimed responsibility for the attack. Turkish security forces have launched an investigation.
- Car bomb hits Turkish police station, wounds dozens
- UPDATE: One police officer killed, several wounded in car bomb in Gaziantep, Turkey
- Istanbul airport bombing: Three suicide bombers kill 36, wound 147
- UPDATE: Car bombs kill 40, wound 70 in Libya
- Attacks on Istanbul synagogues: At least 24 killed, more than 250 wounded, Al Qaeda blamed