British Airways cancels flight to Saudi Arabia over ''security fears''
A much-disrupted British Airways (BA) flight from London to Washington D.C. has been canceled again over "security concerns", the airline said Thursday.
British Airways said Flight 223 from Heathrow to Washington's Dulles Airport would not fly on the coming Sunday. Monday's Flight 263 from London to the Saudi capital Riyadh also was canceled.
The airline said the decision "follows government advice to cancel those flights for security reasons." The 184 people booked on the Washington flight and 149 Riyadh passengers would be rebooked on other flights or given a refund, the airline said.
BA said the return flights to London would operate as scheduled.
Flight 223 has been delayed or canceled eight previous times this year because of American security alerts. Saudi flights also have been canceled several times. (Albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- British Police Investigate Robbery of Cash Money Arrived At Heathrow on Flight From Bahrain
- China Airlines Cancels Flights to Middle East over Security Fears
- British Airways cancels flight to Riyadh
- British Airways delaying resumption of flights to Saudi Arabia
- British Airways to resume flights to Saudi Kingdom