British Airways to resume flights to Saudi Kingdom
British Airways plans to resume flights to the Saudi Kingdom, suspended in mid August over "security concerns", SPA reported Thursday.
Citing a joint statement by Britsh Airways and the Saudi civil aviation authority, the report said BA had ascertained that security measures at Saudi airports surpassed even international standards.
"British Airways asked the head of civil aviation (for clearance) to resume flights, and he secured the approval of higher authorities," it added.
The report, however, did not provide details on when the British airliner would resume flights. (Albawaba.com)
- British Airways cancels flight to Saudi Arabia over ''security fears''
- Washington renews Saudi Arabia travel warning; British Airways suspends flights to Kingdom
- British Airways operates more flights to Algeria
- Concorde to resume commercial flights November 7 - source
- British airways postpones Saudi services resumption until may