british airways voted airline of the year at oag awards
British Airways – the UK’s flagship carrier which operates 14 weekly flights from the UAE to London Heathrow – scooped four awards at the recent Official Airline Guide (OAG) Airline of the Year Awards, including the coveted ‘Airline of the Year.’
Alongside the prestigious ‘Airline of the Year’ gong, the carrier also picked up OAG accolades for ‘Best Transatlantic Airline,’ ‘Best Europe – Asia/Australasia Airline,’ and ‘Best Airline Based in Western Europe.’
Paul Starrs, British Airways’ Commerical Manager, Middle East, said: “These awards, particularly as they are voted for by frequent travellers from across the world, illustrate our enduring popularity with the people who are most important to us – our customers.”
It is the fifth time British Airways has won ‘Airline of the Year’ in the 25-year history of the OAG awards, and the UK carrier’s CEO, Willie Walsh, was on hand to accept the honours at a gala dinner in London. British Airways was also nominated for best economy, best business class and best first class.
OAG Chief Executive, Alan Glass, said: "British Airways performed solidly in just about every category it was eligible for. The people that matter, the world's frequent fliers, made it very clear in the way they voted that they like what BA is offering them. British Airways is a very worthy recipient of this year's OAG Airline of the Year Award."
- Qatar Airways Joins With Capitol File Magazine to Host White House Correspondents Dinner After Party
- bmi: the formal carrier for the British band REME within the ceremonies held by the British Embassy
- AIRLINE OF THE YEAR 2006 AWARDED TO BRITISH AIRWAYS
- British Airways awarded best carrier for Middle East premium travelers
- bmed wins oag outstanding service award