British businessman released from Saudi jail
A British businessman convicted of running an illegal drinking den in Saudi Arabia has been freed from jail, escaping 800 lashes and a fine of over half-a-million dollars, the Foreign Office in London said Thursday.
Gary O'Nions, 57, was jailed for eight years last April for alcohol-related charges, and has now been deported from Saudi Arabia, a Foreign Office spokesman told AFP.
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Cupid for convicts! Saudi businessman helps female prisoners marry
- British spy released from jail
- Finally some sanity: Iranian woman jailed for watching volleyball released from prison
- Saudi Arabia Jails Briton for Eight Years And Orders 800 Lashes
- Saudi businessman wins libel suit against UK Publishing House