British planes to hold joint exercise with Jordanian air force
Britain will deploy 14 fighter jets to Jordan later this month for a long-planned military exercise, the British Ministry of Defense said Wednesday.
The jets will participate in regular exercises with the Jordanian air force, a Ministry of Defense press official said, according to AP.
The Ministry of Defense said Wednesday that six Tornado F3s, four Jaguars and four Harriers will fly to Jordan within a few weeks to take part in Exercise Desert Thundercat with the Jordanian air force.
The exercise in Jordan is expected to last 12 days. It will enable the pilots to practice against the Jordanians' French-built Mirage fighters. (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Official: Oman-UK Joint Military Exercise Still On Despite US Attacks
- Jordan: Two Air Force pilots kiiled in crash
- UK Wary of Cole-Style Iraqi Attacks during Joint Exercise with Oman
- British Warships Sail Through Suez Canal to Take Part in Oman War Games
- Nicosia: Greek, Turkish Jets Clash in Mock Dogfights Near Cyprus