British PM Blair Arrives in Paris for Talks With Chirac
British Prime Minister Tony Blair arrived at the presidential palace in Paris Thursday for talks on the aftermath of the anti-US attacks with French President Jacques Chirac, just back from New York and Washington.
Blair met with German Chancellor Gerhard Schroeder the night before, and will head to Washington later in the day for talks with US President George W. Bush as NATO allies mull their response to the terror strikes on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon.
During his lightning US visit, Chirac met Tuesday night with Bush at the White House, the first foreign leader to do so since the September 11 events.
Chirac then headed to New York city to commemorate the victims of the disaster and have talks with New York Mayor Rudolph Giulani and UN Secretary General Kofi Annan -- PARIS (AFP)
- Chirac:U.N. should decide on Iraqi government
- Musharraf Arrives in Tehran for Talks, en Route to New York
- Chirac, Peres Hope for Success of Peace Talks in Washington
- Jordanian King Discusses Mideast Conflict with Chirac, Meets Arafat in London
- Saudi Foreign Minister, French President discuss Mid-East situation