British senior official visits Cyprus
Britain wants to play a substantial role in the efforts aimed at achieving a political solution in Cyprus, a British Foreign Office spokesman has told the official Cyprus News Agency (CNA) and expressed hope that British Foreign Office Minister responsible for Cyprus and EU enlargement Peter Hain's visit to Cyprus would contribute to this goal.
Peter Hain is due to arrive Wednesday in Cyprus for a two-day visit.
The Foreign Office spokesman added that Britain's role would be promoted through the United Nations (UN) under the auspices of which, Cyprus direct talks between Cyprus President Glafcos Clerides and Turkish Cypriot leader Rauf Denktash are being held, CNA concluded.
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Japanese Officials to Visit Cyprus
- Cyprus Foreign Minister visits the United States for talks with senior US, UN officials
- British special envoy to arrive in Cyprus for talks
- Britain’s Foreign Secretary visits Turkey for talks on Iraq, Cyprus
- British Foreign Secretary wraps up Kuwait visit; heads for Iraq