British troops leave Baghdad and return to Basra
Britain's Black Watch regiment has completed its mission in Baghdad and on Saturday returned to Basra where the troops will prepare to return home within the next week. Five British soldiers killed as a result of many rocket attacks on their base in the Iraqi capital.
According to Sky News, The British troops spent a month in support of US Marines mounting an offensive in Fallujah.
A British official said troops were expected to spend between five and seven days at the Basra camp before flying home to the UK.
- Iraq: British soldiers leave Basra
- Iraq says U.S.-British air strikes on Basra kill six people; Kuwait ready to accept more U.S. troops
- Six British troops dead near Basra as US troops kill five Iraqis in separate incidents west of Baghdad
- Iraq OKs return of British troops
- Two US soldiers killed in Baghdad as clashes in Fallujah leave nine dead