Brother of Fatah official shot in Ain el-Hilweh refugee camp
A masked gunman opened fire outside the home of a Fatah official in Lebanon's largest Palestinian refugee camp on Thursday, seriously wounding his younger brother, camp security sources said.
The likely intended target was Jamil Zeidan, a military official with Palestinian President Yasser Arafat's Fatah movement. He remained inside the house in the Ain el-Hilweh refugee camp and was not injured, the sources told Reuters.
The gunman shot at Jamil's younger brother Osama Zeidan and a group of guards outside the house, hitting Osama in the head and neck. The guards returned fire, but the gunman escaped unhurt. Osama Zeidan, 29, was taken to hospital in the nearby southern port city of Sidon.
It was the second time in less than a month that the home of the Zeidan family had been shot at. (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Clashes in Ain el-Hilweh refugee camp, four wounded
- Fatah official killed in refugee camp in Lebanon
- Palestinian man shot and killed in Lebanon’s Ain el-Hilweh camp
- Leader of Islamic militant group dies in Lebanon's Ein el-Hilweh refugee camp
- Violence spreads to Lebanon's south after multiple men charged for northern Tripoli clashes