Brother-in-law of Iraqi Governing Council member killed in blast as five Iraqis wounded northeast of Baghdad
In Baghdad, the brother-in-law of a member of the U.S.-picked Iraqi Governing Council was killed when a bomb exploded in a shop Saturday, an official said. According to AFP, Iraqi police confirmed that one man was killed and another was injured. An aide to Ibrahim al-Jaafari, a Shiite member of the Governing Council, identified the dead as al-Jaafari's brother-in-law, Haidar al-Qazwini.
Capt. Abbas Nima of the Iraqi police said one unidentified man left a bag containing explosives in the shop before it went off.
elsewhere, a roadside bomb exploded on Saturday morning in Baquba, 60 kilometres northeast of Baghdad, as a US convoy passed, police said.
The blast near a gas station, failed to injure any US soldiers, but five Iraqis were wounded. (Albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Iraqi blasts kill five in Baghdad
- Five US soldiers, Iraqi wounded in blast north of Baghdad as Iraqi nuclear scientist shot dead
- Explosion in Baghdad as Bush discusses elections with members of Iraqi Governing Council
- Iraq: Attacks target soldiers, ”Awakening Councils” members
- US soldier killed northeast of Baghdad