Brotherhood MPs to Respond ‘on their Own Way’ to the Egyptian Government Statement
The unofficial spokesman of the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood parliament members, Mohammed Morsy, has made efforts to convince the Egyptian Parliament spokesman to give him the right to respond to the government statement on equal foot with other parliamentary blocs such as the National Party, Wafd and Assembly.
The deputy has decided to distribute the government statement among the 17 Brotherhood parliament members and asked each of them to prepare an answer to a specific part of it so that an overall answer could be issued in the form of a statement.
The group has also decided to document its statement at the house due to the short time allocated for each member to speak.
Despite the various responses, MP Morsy gave examples of what should be said at the Peoples’ Council (Parliament) such as foreign policy which he noticed has been completely overlooked in the government statement released by the Prime Minister Atef Obeid last month. The group will also focus on the Information Ministry and its budget and on the monetary banking transactions.
Despite the ban on its activities, the Muslim Brotherhood was able to win 17 seats at parliament after its member ran independently for October-November elections – Albawaba.com
- Egypt: Two lawmakers, 10 members of Muslim Brotherhood detained
- Muslim Brotherhood MPs Walk out from Egypt’s Parliament Session
- Egypt: At least eight members of Muslim Brotherhood detained
- Official: Egypt\'s Ruling Party Gets Over 85 Percent of Parliament Seats
- Egypt: Mulsim Brotherhood continues to gain support despite violence