BT Contributes to Successful Launch of VIVA, the New Mobile Operator in Bahrain
Under the terms of the agreement with STC, BT has been providing specialists through its telecommunications consulting arm BT Telconsult to oversee the delivery, implementation and life management of the new network infrastructure on which VIVA is based.
STC won the third mobile network licence in Bahrain in March 2009 to provide voice, data and broadband Internet services in the market.
Oscar Ruiz, president BT Global Telecom Markets (GTM) said: “We are delighted to have been chosen by STC to help them in their project to bring a brand new operator on to the market in Bahrain. This deal serves as further proof of BT’s commitment to the region and the dedication and technical excellence of its staff on the ground.”
Ibrahim Al Omar, chief executive officer of VIVA Bahrain, said: ”The introduction of VIVA to the Bahraini community will bring the most up to date technologies and highest level of services along with a superior customer experience to everyone. It was my pleasure to work with BT on launching VIVA in the Kingdom of Bahrain.”
At the heart of VIVA’s ambitious plans is its high-quality and modern communications network, based on the HSPA+ technology. The network will allow VIVA to provide unmatched coverage throughout the Kingdom and a variety of services over high-speed broadband at speeds of up to 21.1 megabits/second.
- VIVA Kuwait offering special local roaming and international calling rates on VIVA Bahrain’s Network
- VIVA, the new telecom company in Bahrain
- Info2cell.com’s BBC Breaking News SMS service generating major response from VIVA subscribers in Kuwait
- Internet Access on the Move with MTC-Vodafone (Bahrain)
- VIVA Offers Double Credit and Access to Exclusive Services with the launch of its New KD5 Prepaid Line