Bulgarian hostage executed in Iraq
In a videotape aired by Aljazeera, an Iraqi group calling itself Al-Tawhid wa Al-Jihad said Tuesday it executed one of the two Bulgarian captives it seized last week.
The group said it would kill the second captive within 24 hours unless its demands were met.
On 9 July, the group claimed it had captured the two men in Iraq and said it would execute them unless US-led occupation forces in Iraq released all Iraqi detainees. (albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Kuwaiti newspaper: Zarqawi captured on Syrian - Iraq border
- Turkish association stops trucking goods to U.S. in Iraq after hostage executed
- Four Iraqis killed as Turkish hostage under threat of beheading
- Iraq: Second American beheaded as two US soldiers killed
- Al-Zarqawi group threatens to execute two Americans, Briton