Burns discusses Palestinian-Israeli conflict with Saudi leaders
Assistant U.S. Secretary of State William Burns discussed the ongoing Israeli-Palestinian conflict with Saudi Arabia's King Fahd, the official Saudi Press Agency reported Monday.
The U.S. Middle East envoy delivered a message from President George W. Bush to the Saudi monarch in Sunday's meeting, SPA reported.
Both men discussed several regional and global issues, chief among them is the situation in the occupied Palestinian territories, the agency added. "The king renewed his call upon the United States to stand on the right side to help the Palestinian people restore their stripped rights and establish their independent state," SPA reported. (Albawaba.com)
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Report: CIA Chief to Supervise Palestinian-Israeli Security Meeting in Cairo Friday
- Palestinian-Israeli Security Meeting Ends in Acrimony, US Says Both Sides to Blame
- World Urges Palestinians, Israelis to Go on with Peace Efforts
- Egyptian, Libyan leaders discuss Iraq, Middle East conflict
- US Diplomacy Revived as Palestinian-Israeli Conflict Escalates