Bus explosion in Baghdad, one Iraqi civilian killed
An explosive device, possibly meant for an American military vehicle, hit two Iraqi commuter buses Wednesday morning, injuring at least 22, four seriously, and killing one, according to reports from Iraqi police sources.
The blast ripped through the front, left side of the small commuter bus which was traveling near a Humvee. The Humvee sustained minor damage.
No American troops were injured in the attack.
According to the CNN, the blast took place near Anter Square in northern Baghdad, in front of Al Hariri Girls' School. (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Baghdad: Scores, including 35 children, killed in series of bombing attacks
- Four US troops wounded in car blast on Baghdad airport road
- Two American troops die as Iraqi policemen suspected of killing US civilians
- Iraq: Suicide bomber kills five American troops
- Two Iraqis killed, at least eight US soldiers wounded in separate incidents