Bush: I Don’t Know Where Bin Laden Is
During a press conference Wednesday, US President George W. Bush responded to a question regarding Osama bin Laden’s fate and declared that, “Deep in my heart I know the man is on the run, if he's alive at all” adding, “Who knows if he's hiding in some cave or not; we haven't heard from him in a long time. And the idea of focusing on one person is - really indicates to me people don't understand the scope of the mission”.
Speculation has been mounting ever since the September 11 attacks with regards to the whereabouts of the suspected prime terror mastermind and Al Qaeda leader.
Bush continued on Bin Laden, mentioning, “he's a person who's now been marginalized…and he, himself, tries to hide - if, in fact, he's hiding at all”.
“So I don't know where he is. You know, I just don't spend that much time on him” the President made clear, but vowed that there “will be other battles in Afghanistan”.
The President went on to claim once again, “I don't know where he is… I'll repeat what I said. I truly am not that concerned about him. I know he is on the run. I was concerned about him, when he had taken over a country. I was concerned about the fact that he was basically running Afghanistan and calling the shots for the Taliban”. However, Bush added, “once we set out the policy and started executing the plan, …we shoved him out on the margins”. (Albawaba.com)
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- 8-year-old Yemeni child dies at hands of 40-year-old husband on wedding night
- Bin Laden Location Is Not Known, While Bush Still Wants Him “Dead or Alive”
- Obama called Bush, Clinton before releasing statement on Osama's death; Bush congratulates Obama on Bin Laden killing
- McCain ”knows” how to capture bin Laden
- Taliban Defies Bush as Debate Rages Over Bin Laden's Fate