Bush to meet next month with Sharon, Mubarak and King Abdullah
A meeting between Israel's Prime Minister Ariel Sharon and President George W. Bush has been set for next month as part of an intense period of personal Bush consultations with Middle East leaders, the White House announced Friday.
According to Haaretz, Bush and Sharon are set to discuss "the war on terror and the search for Israeli-Palestinian peace" when they meet April 14 at the White House, said Bush spokesman Scott McClellan.
The session is scheduled two days after Bush is to accept Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak at his Texas ranch. A week later, on April 21, Bush will meet with Jordan's King Abdullah at the White House, McClellan said.
Bush administration intends within the next days to dispatch to the region envoys for continuing talks on Sharon's disengagement plan, ahead of the prime minister's visit to the White House.
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Bush, Chirac and Sharon are winners of ''Islamophobia Awards 2004''
- King Abdullah, Mubarak To Discuss Saudi Peace Proposal; Bush, Powell Welcome Saudi Initiative
- Sharon, Bush to meet next month
- Mubarak to Meet Bush Next Month
- Jordan’s King Abdullah, Obama plan to meet next month after crossing paths in Washington