Bush: Middle East Peace must be Based on Secure Israel
President-elect George W. Bush on Saturday stated that a secure Israel was the key for peace in the Middle East.
"We will defend American interests in the Persian Gulf and advance peace in the Middle East based, as any peace must be, on a secure Israel," he told his audience here.
Bush made the comments as he introduced Gulf War hero Colin Powell as nominee as the new Secretary of State, the first nomination of the new Republican administration -- CRAWFORD, Texas (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Barak Holds Talks with Future US Secretary of State on Middle East Crisis
- Bush Nominates Powell as New US Secretary Of State
- Palestinians Hope for Resumption of Peacemaking under Bush
- Damascus Hopes Bush Presidency will Offer ‘Neutral’ US Policy to Middle East
- Jordan, US Pledge to Work together for Peace