Bush Orders Bin Laden's Assets in US Frozen
President George W. Bush signed an order to freeze Osama bin Laden's assets and those of his organization in the United States, the White House said Monday.
On Friday, Japan said it would curb the financial dealings of people linked to Afghanistan's ruling Taliban militia and suspected international terrorist leader Osama bin Laden.
The steps were taken as the United States prepared to take retaliate for the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center in New York and the Pentagon in Washington on September 11.
Washington has named bin Laden, living in Taliban-ruled Afghanistan, as the prime suspect in the attacks -- WASHINGTON (AFP)
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Jordanian Astrologist: Bin Laden Born a Stallion - Strict, Merciless and Destined to Beat Bush
- Palestinian Group Denies Link to Bin Laden
- Harakat Ul-Mujahedin: Bin Laden-Linked Group Active in Kashmir
- Bin Laden urges Americans to convert to Islam in order to end Iraq war
- Islamic Scholars to Decide on Bin Laden’s Extradition Thursday as US Warplanes Deployed to Gulf Region