Bush: Syria has chemical weapons
US President George W. Bush said on Sunday that Syria has chemical weapons, and warned Damascus that it "must cooperate" with Washington as it continues its effort to overthrow the Saddam Hussein regime in Iraq.
"We believe there are chemical weapons in Syria," he told journalists on the White House lawn. "Each situation will require a different response," he said in reply to reporters' questions about US allegations that Syria is aiding the Iraqi regime.
"First things first. We're here in Iraq now," Bush said, adding that "we expect cooperation" from Syria. (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Former US weapons search team chief says Iraq's WMD in Syria
- Straw says Damascus not next in line, unsure whether Syria has chemical weapons
- Sharon: Iraq transferred chemical and biological weapons to Syria; Damascus denies
- Report: US officials make plans for regime change in Syria
- Mubarak holds unexpected visit in Damascus