Bush: Syria has chemical weapons
US President George W. Bush said on Sunday that Syria has chemical weapons, and warned Damascus that it "must cooperate" with Washington as it continues its effort to overthrow the Saddam Hussein regime in Iraq.
"We believe there are chemical weapons in Syria," he told journalists on the White House lawn. "Each situation will require a different response," he said in reply to reporters' questions about US allegations that Syria is aiding the Iraqi regime.
"First things first. We're here in Iraq now," Bush said, adding that "we expect cooperation" from Syria. (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Putin: Russia may back Syria strike if chemical weapons use proved
- UN, Obama say Assad used chemical weapons
- U.S. dodges questions on Syria chemical weapons
- U.S. has reason to believe chemical weapons used in Syria this month
- Straw says Damascus not next in line, unsure whether Syria has chemical weapons