Business Booms in Dubai's Gold Souq
Business in Dubai's famous Gold Souq has been booming during the Dubai Shopping Festival as prizes and promotions have attracted buyers.
A main promotion that has spurred growth has been the daily give-away prize of one kilo gold heart, reports Gulf News daily. All shoppers who spend Dh500 on gold or jewelry are eligible for the drawing.
There is live coverage of the prize drawing which is watched in 50 countries. There will also be a mega 25 kilo gold prize. Besides the gold prize, the special "World's Best Mother Locket" brought by Anglo Gold and the Gold and Jewelry Group of Dubai, are highlights of the festival. (Dh3.67=$1).
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- NESCAFÉ Gold honors coffee lovers with
- The Dubai Mall to house the world's largest indoor gold souq
- Glittering Surprises from Dubai Gold & Jewellery Group
- Can you import the Louvre? The real estate boom and the UAE's 'cultural renaissance'
- Gold retailers anticipate high sales as soon as Dubai 2003 delegates arrive