Busy Off-Field Activity for the Saudi Al-Nassr Football Club
The President of the Saudi Al-Nassr Club, Prince Faisal Bin Abdul-Rahman, will tonight arrive in Riyadh where he will meet honor managerial members to elect a new chairman.
Al-Hayat daily reports that Prince Faisal Bin Abdul-Rahman decided to resign following the World Football Clubs Championship held in Brazil. Local sources claim he is resigning because of the clubs rickety financial condition as well as the negative atmosphere prevailing in the club. The former chairman of the club, who is also the father of the present chairman, Prince Abdul-Rahman Bin Saoud, is likely to be re-elected.
In other club news, the Deputy President of the Club, Prince Talal Bin Badr, disclosed the details of the $ 1 million acquisition of the Algerian player, Mossa Saieb, from the English Totenham Club. The deputy chairman confirmed that the player does not suffer from any injury.
Also, the club won the "Fair Play" award during the World Football Clubs Championship. In addition, the club received a $10,000 worth of sports equipment for children from the Adidas Company
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Moroccan Football Star Ahmad Baja Comes Full Circle
- Iraqi Football federation severs relations with UAE
- Qatari Al-Ittihad Football Collapses
- DIB sponsors Al Shabab Al Arabi Sports Club at the President’s Cup final
- adidas extends partnership with Al Hilal Leading sports brand and KSA champion football club team up for another year