One policeman killed in blast near Cairo
A car bomb has killed a policeman in Sixth October City on the outskirts of Cairo, an interior ministry aide told CBC Extra private satellite channel on Wednesday morning.
Unidentified assailants placed a homemade device below the car of Central Security Forces officer Ahmed Zaki, which blew up when he started the engine.
Explosives experts are searching the area for further devices.
Attacks, mainly against security personnel and installations, have grown common since the ouster of Islamist president Mohamed Morsi last summer.
- Suicide bomber kills at least one policeman near UN headquarters in central Baghdad; Blast rocks Mosul police station
- Cairo bomb blast kills policeman, injures four
- Sinai explosion kills one policeman
- Cairo explosion leaves one dead, three wounded
- One policeman killed, one injured in Sinai blast: interior minister