Cairo Hosts Visa’s 2010 Payment Security Forum
Visa Inc., the global payments technology company, held its 2010 Payment Security Forum in Cairo. The Forum brought together 250 card industry professionals from across the Middle East, Africa, South East Europe, Russia and the CIS region, to address their views and facilitate discussions around the latest payment technology innovations as well as the identification and application of best practices on payment security relevant to markets and businesses globally.
The Forum highlighted key payment security issues within the payment card environment which is affected by e-commerce and cyber-crime. The payment card industry representatives came together to explore challenges, solutions and best practices in Payment System Risk Management. The Forum also informed participants of the latest payment technology in terms of payment security, relevant to markets and businesses on a global level.
Ellen Richey, Visa Inc.'s Chief Enterprise Risk Officer, provided an overview of the company's approach to managing risk in the payment system, addressed some of the key issues facing the industry in 2010 and looked at the future of payment security. "The forum was a great opportunity to address fraud issues and to build trust in electronic payment methods by enhancing the security of electronic transactions through development of innovative customer risk solutions," commented Ellen Richey, Chief Enterprise Risk Officer for Visa.
- Visa International Hosts the Electronic Payment Systems Fraud Control Forum in UAE
- Visa Shares Innovative Security Technologies at National Fraud Forum
- Visa to Organize Africa Fraud Forum for Industry Experts
- Mediterranean Smart Cards Company Announces Renewal of Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards
- Educating merchants on fraudster techniques key to eliminating fraud