Cairo to train Palestinian police forces
Egypt has agreed to provide training to the Palestinian police, during talks held in the capital of Cairo with Palestinian interior minister Hani al-Hassan, an Egyptian official said on Monday.
On Sunday, Hassan discussed with his Egyptian counterpart Habib al-Adli "the means to support and develop bilateral cooperation on the police level," the official told AFP.
Adly told Hassan that Cairo would help in "modernizing and improving the efficiency of the Palestinian police's institutions and members," he conveyed.
Hassan arrived Saturday in Egypt and was set to depart on Monday, after meeting with Arab League Secretary General Amr Mussa. (Albawaba.com)
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Egyptian Gov’t Caves in to Militant Physiotherapists
- Egypt police fire tear gas at protesters in Cairo
- Is that a truncheon in your pocket? Egyptian lady police patrol Cairo metro
- Sharjah Police endorses ICDL for police force, civilian staff and their families
- Palestinian unity makes progess as PA police officers join Gaza forces