Canadian Energy Wins Gas Pipeline Maintenance Contract in Qatar
Canadian Energy Services (CES), a joint venture (under formation) between BC Gas and Enbridge, and OHI Petroleum and Energy Services, will execute a RO8.86 million contract entailing the operation and maintenance of the government gas network, Oman Observer reported.
The 5-year contract will be carried out on behalf of the Oman Gas Company (OGC), which owns and operates the existing government gas pipeline system.
The contract does not include the new gas pipelines to Sohar and Salalah which are under construction, said the paper.
Currently, the operation and maintenance of the government gas network is done by Petroleum Development Oman (PDO).
The OGC was established in 1999 with a capital of RO30 million.
The government owns 80 percent of OGC while the remaining 20 percent stake is held by Oman Oil Company.
The scope of the gas network operation and maintenance contract includes the creation of a highly efficient and modern management system and related services, software and computer system and modifications to the existing system and software.
The second phase of the contract involves the takeover by the operator from the contractor who will put in place a permanent operation and maintenance system for the gas pipeline network – Albawaba.com
- MAF Dalkia Awarded Maintenance Contract For 412 Mosques In Abu Dhabi And Baniyas Region For Three Years
- 21 Companies Competing for Oman’s Gas Contract
- Oman Allocates Gas for Huge industrialization Drive
- US Firm Wins 411-Million-Dollar Contract for Omani Power Plant
- GE Signs Service Contracts with UAE, Qatar, Oman