Canadian journalist dies in Iranian detention
A Canadian freelance photographer has died after falling ill in Iranian detention.
Zahra Kazemi, 54, was pronounced brain dead after falling into a coma following her detention last month for taking pictures outside a prison in Tehran, medi areports said.
Her relatives said Satuday she was beaten into a coma by her Iranian interrogators, while Tehran contended she died of a stroke after falling ill during her first police interview.
- Iran admits: Canadian journalist was beaten to death
- Iranian agent goes on trial in murder case of Canadian-Iranian photographer
- Canada warns ties with Iran may suffer over issue of dead journalist
- Iran rejects Canada demand to let int'l team examine photojournalist corpse
- Iran defends acquittal of agent alleged in killing Iranian-Canadian photojournalist