Captured Iraqi citizen shot dead by Israeli soldiers
Israeli soldiers shot dead an Iraqi who infiltrated the country and tried to attack them with a rock, Israel's public radio reported.
The Iraqi snuck into the country from Jordan Sunday when he was picked up by the army and then detained at an army post where the soldiers fired on him after he grabbed a rock, the radio said Monday afternoon.
The soldiers had unlocked his handcuffs so he could eat when he grabbed a rock, the radio said. A first bullet hit him in the leg, before a second shot killed him, the radio said.
The army, which has ordered an investigation into the shooting, said a soldier had felt threatened and fired on the Iraqi when he became aggressive. (Albawaba.com)
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- American soldier shot dead in Baghdad as more than 1000 Iraqis captured by US forces
- Clash on Syrian- Israeli border: Israel kills infiltrator, captures Syrian soldier; Two Palestinians dead in PA areas
- Bloody day in Iraq: Over 100 killed in two explosions south of Baghdad as US soldier shot dead
- German citizen shot dead in Saudi Arabia
- Irish citizen shot dead in Saudi Arabia