Cash Grant For 1,000 Bahraini Students
More than 1,000 Bahraini students will receive cash assistance from the government under a newly announced aid package, reported the Gulf Daily News.
Five hundred additional education scholarships will be available for high achievers in the coming academic year, said the paper.
“The move was announced following a meeting of the scholarships committee chaired by Education Minister Mohammed Al Ghatam,” a ministry statement said, cited by the paper.
The committee also decided to grant 50 scholarships to the children of ministry employees, and a similar number to teachers' children.
Another 500 needy students will also receive financial assistance from the ministry, up from 400 in the previous year.
“All students who achieve a minimum cumulative annual average of 95 percent will be entitled to state scholarships,” said the statement.
“They will be honored at a ceremony in July, under the patronage of Prime Minister Shaikh Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa.”
The committee also agreed to pay university fees on behalf of 25 employees and teachers, who are currently studying at their own expense – Albawaba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Kuwaiti Businessmen Grants 50 Scholarships for Intifada Martyrs' Children
- Instilling the love for education...or Apple products? Dubai universities offering 'freebies' for enrollment
- BMA grants scholarships to Bahraini students
- syrian reforestation efforts receive much needed boost from ford grants
- Lebanon imposes travel restrictions on Syrian nationals