cggveritas vessel breaks 3d seismic record
The CGGVeritas Symphony vessel achieved a new industry record for 3D seismic production efficiency by acquiring 2,490 sq km of data during the month of January.
Towing 12 Sentinel® solid streamers, the high-capacity 3D vessel broke the record while conducting a survey for Santos, a major Australian-based E&P company, offshore east India.
Cameron Astill, Executive Vice President, APAC region, commented: “The Symphony achieved a tremendous performance that exceeded client expectations. The deployment of Sentinel®, the industry’s most robust low-noise streamers, ensured that we provided our clients with the best in data quality to complement the speed and efficiency of acquisition.”
CGGVeritas (www.cggveritas.com) is a leading international pure-play geophysical company delivering a wide range of technologies, services and equipment through Sercel, to its broad base of customers mainly throughout the global oil and gas industry.
- StatoilHydro Renews Stavanger Dedicated Center
- CGGVeritas Provides Update on Recently Awarded Contracts
- CGGVeritas Announces Award for Ultra High-Density Land Seismic Contract
- CGGVeritas Announces Fourth Quarter 2007 Revenue of €604 million, $876 million
- CGGVeritas Announces Award for Advanced 3D Seismic Acquisition in Venezuela