Chavez, King Fahd Hold Bilateral, Regional Talks in Riyadh
Venezuela’s President Hugo Chavez held Sunday in Riyadh talks with King Fahd and Crown Prince Abdullah bin Abdelazizon bilateral and regional issues, reported the Saudi Press Agency (SPA).
Chavez, heading a five-member delegation, arrived Saturday in the Saudi capital on a two-day official visit to the Kingdom.
The talks tackled “issues concerning bilateral relations between the kingdom of Saudi Arabia and Venezuela as well as the situation in the Middle East,” a statement said, quoted by the agency.
Chavez, president of the Oil Producing and Exporting Countries (OPEC), visited Riyadh last August prior to the organization's meeting in Caracas.
The agency quoted Venezuela's envoy in Riyadh as telling the Arabic Okaz newspaper that Chavez's visit will also tackle regional issues, especially the peace process between Israel and the Palestinians.
In September, Saudi Crown Prince visited Caracas and signed several agreements with the Latin American oil-rich country - Albawaba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Khatami, Chavez Hold Talks on Bilateral, Regional Issues
- Mubarak Holds Talks with King Fahd, Crown Prince on Bilateral, Regional Issues
- King Fahd, Yemen’s President Hold Bilateral, Regional Talks
- Mbeki Holds Talks with Saudi King Fahd, Crown Prince
- Qatar’r Emir Holds Talks with King Fahd on Bilateral, Regional Issues