Cheney: Terrorism Supporters Will Face ‘Full Wrath’ of US
Vice President Dick Cheney on Sunday warned that nations which nurture terrorism will face the "full wrath" of America following terrorist attacks on US soil, and pointed again to chief suspect Osama bin Laden.
Cheney said that Americans would endure a long war directed against terrorist networks and the governments which nurture them.
"What we have to do is take down those networks," Cheney said on NBC's Meet the Press.
Countries and governments that support terrorism can expect "the full wrath of the United States of America" Cheney said.
Cheney became the latest top US official to finger Bin Laden for Tuesday's attacks on New York and the Pentagon which killed thousands of people but said Washington would wage a long war across a broad front.
"I have no doubt that he [Bin Laden] and his organization played a significant role," said Cheney.
"There's a lot of evidence to link his organization to this operation ... that doesn't mean there weren't others involved” -- WASHINGTON (AFP)
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Cheney calls for democratic reforms in the Middle East
- Cheney: Videotape Proves Bin Laden was behind September 11 Attacks
- Republican Vice Presidential Candidate Cheney Leaves Washington Hospital
- Cheney: Al-Qaeda Must Not Re-Group in Mid-East Region
- US Talks Tough on Terrorism, as Bin Laden Denies Role in Attacks